Thursday, November 6, 2008

Part 2 begins

I began the relabeling and shifting of early readers today. I got through the Cs. The first readers collection has bright orange dots on the book spines to differentiate them, so I am pulling those off as well as making new spine labels. They are quite sticky, so I'm using Goo Gone with abandon. However, some of the orange dots are laminated onto the spines, so for those I have to cover them up. It looks like a patch job and I don't like it, but pulling off the lamination would damage the cover. I also foresee a problem with our collection of Dick and Jane books. They are reissues of the original Dick and Jane and there is no specific author listed for them. I think the spine labels will have to still read "Dick and Jane." It's an anomaly in the ordered world of first three letters of the author's last name, but it can't be helped. Already the collection looks better and more cohesive, so that's a good thing!

No comments: